Earlier this week I spent a lovely indulgent day on an ornamental vegetable garden course at Sarah Raven’s Perch Hill. See here for details.
I’ve just installed two raised beds in my garden.
I’m going to share a little about the course, and lots of photos of Sarah’s lovely garden. The course was mid April. Most of the tulips had gone over, but the garden still looked fantastic.
The day was an absolute delight, starting off with tea and homemade biscuits in the greenhouse.
The course itself was really useful. Key things I learnt included:
– Plant cut and come again veg so you don’t get gaps in your beds
– plant veg and flowers together
– when picking cut and come again pick ‘in the round’ (round the outside) to minimise impact
– how to make climbing frames for veg from willow and hazel
– plant artichokes, dahlias and alliums in one bed
– chop down artichokes to get them to repeat and give more lovely heads
And so much more!
But enough of my waffle. How about some lovely pictures of Perch Hill in April?…